If you are aware of what retainer is, then it is a custom-made appliance that can help your teeth to maintain the new position after the braces are removed. These retainers can be fixed as well as removable, depending on the type. The Hawley retainer is the oldest type of the dental retainer which is made up of a plastic mold. This sits on the roof of your mouth and the wire goes across the front of your teeth. The best thing about the Hawley retainers is that they are durable in nature and are also adjustable than other retainers. To know more about the Hawley retainer cost and benefits, read on.
Benefits of Hawley retainers
Here are some of the pros or the benefits of the Hawley retainers:
- These Hawley retainers are quite adjustable in nature making it easier and more convenient to customize. Hence, it helps the patients to adjust according to their own needs.
- Also, the Hawley retainers are more durable than any other retainers in the market. The best part is that even if the retainer breaks, it can be easily repaired. But in case of other retainers, it has to be replaced when broken.
- They are versatile in nature as you can choose different colors for your braces. You can choose one color according to your preferences or needs for the teeth.
- It is also easier to clean and take of the Hawley retainers. You will not have any problems.
Drawbacks to the Hawley retainers
- It comes in only one design and the wire running across your teeth is quite visible
- The part that sits on the roof of your mouth can be a bit uncomfortable
Cost of the Hawley retainers
When you know the benefits and drawbacks of the Hawley retainers, let’s come to the main thing. The Hawley retainers cost can range anywhere from $150 to $340. This depends on different factors such as where you live, orthodontist and the seriousness of your case. Though this cost may seem to be a lot but it is more affordable than that of the other retainers. Also, it can be repaired and customized in your way. It provides more versatility and it is more cost-effective in nature. So, you can get it done by consulting with any professional and qualified orthodontist. You need to make sure that the orthodontist is providing you with the best solution as it needs perfection to get the best result.
This is all about the Hawley retainers that you need to know. The actual Hawley retainers cost will only be determined by the orthodontist who will customize the retainer for you. This can depend based on several factors. You have to choose the best and most experienced orthodontist in Edmond OK to make sure that you are getting the best result. You can also ask free consultation first with few before you can determine which one to select for your Hawley retainers. This is a huge investment and you need to make a wise decision.
Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300, Edmond, OK
Phone: (405) 330-9911
You could be from Oklahoma City or any other place but it is common about one thing that pertains to dental health and well being. Many of us do not have the right idea about the difference between clear braces and Invisalign. Both of them are two options that could be used for treating various problems of the gums and teeth. They are both useful and what should be used depends on the severity of the case. Without getting too much into the details, let us try and find out the major differences between the two. There are quite a few such differences but we will be restricting it to only the major ones.
What is Invisalign
Put in simple words, Invisalign is a treatment option that relies quite a bit on transparent, retainer-like aligners. These are fixed professionally by qualified and experienced orthodontists. They help in shifting the teeth and ensuring that it falls in place. The aligners have to be worn at least 22 hours a day and have to be changed every two weeks to a new pair. This is important because only then will it continue shifting your teeth. The treatment is long-drawn and could take anywhere between nine months to one year. The process of installing Invisalign begins by discussing it with your orthodontist. He or she will decide whether you are the right candidate for Invisalign. If yes, the doctor will install the first set of aligners.
What Are Braces
Clear braces as they are known are made from ceramic material. The ceramic material can either be transparent or opaque and obviously, most people prefer to go in for a transparent one. They are almost the same as metal braces and the brackets are skillfully bonded to the teeth. They are then connected with the help of an archwire. This puts pressure on the teeth and helps to guide them and put them in place resulting in proper alignment. Similar to metal braces, these ceramic dental braces, it has to be adjusted roughly every four weeks.
- Invisalign is more transparent. Hence, even if you are wearing an Invisalign, most people would not be able to find it out unless they have a close and clear look.
- Invisalign can be removed and this certainly is a big takeaway as far as this product is concerned. The big challenge with ceramic braces is that they make flossing and brushing quite tough and the same is the case with eating. The mouth remains healthy, neat and clean when you use Invisalign throughout the treatment process.
- Invisalign requires changing every two weeks. However, this is not the case with clear braces and they require fewer adjustments. Hence, when you are going in for Invisalign you need to make more visits to the dentist or orthodontist.
- Clear braces are good for most extensive cases. In case there are severe cases of teeth deformation or misalignment, many believe that ceramic braces could be a better choice when compared to invisalign cost.
To sum up, both Invisalign and clear braces have their pros and cons. It all depends on the specific needs and requirements of the customers and the price that the customers are willing to pay. Invisalign is certainly an expensive option compared to braces.
Address: 17200 N May Ave Suite 300, Edmond, OK
Phone: (405) 330-9911