If you are aware of what retainer is, then it is a custom-made appliance that can help your teeth to maintain the new position after the braces are removed. These retainers can be fixed as well as removable, depending on the type. The Hawley retainer is the oldest type of the dental retainer which is made up of a plastic mold. This sits on the roof of your mouth and the wire goes across the front of your teeth. The best thing about the Hawley retainers is that they are durable in nature and are also adjustable than other retainers. To know more about the Hawley retainer cost and benefits, read on.
Benefits of Hawley retainers
Here are some of the pros or the benefits of the Hawley retainers:
- These Hawley retainers are quite adjustable in nature making it easier and more convenient to customize. Hence, it helps the patients to adjust according to their own needs.
- Also, the Hawley retainers are more durable than any other retainers in the market. The best part is that even if the retainer breaks, it can be easily repaired. But in case of other retainers, it has to be replaced when broken.
- They are versatile in nature as you can choose different colors for your braces. You can choose one color according to your preferences or needs for the teeth.
- It is also easier to clean and take of the Hawley retainers. You will not have any problems.
Drawbacks to the Hawley retainers
- It comes in only one design and the wire running across your teeth is quite visible
- The part that sits on the roof of your mouth can be a bit uncomfortable
Cost of the Hawley retainers
When you know the benefits and drawbacks of the Hawley retainers, let’s come to the main thing. The Hawley retainers cost can range anywhere from $150 to $340. This depends on different factors such as where you live, orthodontist and the seriousness of your case. Though this cost may seem to be a lot but it is more affordable than that of the other retainers. Also, it can be repaired and customized in your way. It provides more versatility and it is more cost-effective in nature. So, you can get it done by consulting with any professional and qualified orthodontist. You need to make sure that the orthodontist is providing you with the best solution as it needs perfection to get the best result.
This is all about the Hawley retainers that you need to know. The actual Hawley retainers cost will only be determined by the orthodontist who will customize the retainer for you. This can depend based on several factors. You have to choose the best and most experienced orthodontist in Edmond OK to make sure that you are getting the best result. You can also ask free consultation first with few before you can determine which one to select for your Hawley retainers. This is a huge investment and you need to make a wise decision.
Nanda Orthodontics Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300, Edmond, OK Phone: (405) 330-9911