A Complete Guide To Independent Schools
Choosing the first school for your children is one of the most important decisions to make. This is because their first school is the main foundation of their education and their life. It is an extremely difficult decision as there are so many schools in Tampa, Florida today. Choosing the best one can be a difficult task.
The most important choice to be made is to choose which type of school you want your children to go to. Do you choose to send your kid to Independent schools in Tampa or private schools in Tampa, Florida the choice is yours? So here is a complete guide to independent school education that will help you choose the best for your children.
Independent Schools are schools that are self-owned and are governed by an independent group of trustees. They have no government interference and they have the independence to operate on their own without any government rules. Independent schools fall under the National Association Of Independent Schools.
Difference Between Independent Schools and Private Schools
Here are the differences between independent Schools and private schools.
These schools are governed by a board or group of trustees and are not state-funded. These schools are generally not associated with any religious entities. It focuses more on education, discipline, and rules.
Private schools are governed by both a no-profit agenda or for-profit agenda and may be associated with a religious entity too. It is also not funded by the state government but is funded by churches. These schools are normally boarding schools.
Independent Schools – Advantages
Here are the advantages of independent Schools.
- Lesser Class Strength: Independent schools have lesser class strength. This means your child gets better attention in class from the teachers.
- Fresh Start: Life in an independent school is very different. They focus more on individual performance, rules and are very strict about discipline. This can be a very good foundation for your child.
- Curriculum Choice: These schools offer a choice of curriculum. So your kids can choose which stream they want to study further.
- Extracurricular Activities: These schools have a huge variety of extracurricular and physical activities that help the children in the long run and make them fit.
Independent Schools – Disadvantages
Here are the disadvantages of independent schools.
- Logistics: There are extra logistics added with the fees like transport or school bus charges which means they are more expensive than other schools and may not be affordable for everyone.
- Tight Admission: As they take lesser students that is why they have strict admission criteria and cut-offs. Your child needs to prepare well to get into any independent school.